Thursday 3 June 2010

Updates

So for the past week, in between moving flats and trying to finish my lookbook I've been to a couple of events organised through the university for us students on the first move programme. The first was an evening with industry, chaired by Kubi Springer of Sisterhood TV, and with a panel including Rebekah Roy (Stylist), James Watson (Head of MW at Liberty), James Barron (Head of Buying at ASOS) and Veronica Veronina (Fashion PR). It was a great insight into the various roles of each individual and involved a Q&A session and then chance to network after. Speaking to Rebekah Roy was fantastic as I had been wanting advice on how to handle the various stylist requests I'm now recieving to borrow my footwear samples. She gave me the confidence that I can actually trust in at least some stylists when lending my samples, but it's also become hugely clear I need to try find funding to make my shoes in size 7 pairs so I can lend them for press (rather than the size 4 for university regulations).
I also went to the Browns exhibition celebrating 40years for Browns Fashion, and we were given a guided tour by senior buyer Francoise, who was very funny and brought a very personal commentary to the photographs and pieces on show. It was really interesting to hear the history from someone who has been with the company for over 30years and who obviously knows the fashion design landscape incredibly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment