Friday 18 June 2010

Show Palava

I recieved news this week that I've been selected for the LCF 57 Carnaby St Exhibition which runs from 28th June - 14th July. This is obviously really exciting news, and I feel pleased and excited to be taking part. It has however been marred by LCF's decision to seriously cut the show capacity for students this year, resulting in less than half of all final year students from my footwear class being able to exhibit their final products, and without telling any of the students until less than 2 weeks before the exhibition opens. Needless to say we have an appointment with the dean of the college next week but I feel saddened to know that at present I won't be showing with my full class (as in all previous years) and my heart goes out to all those who have worked stupidly hard to make brilliant products which they won't be given the oppotunity to promote live. Fingers crossed we can organise our own show.

No comments:

Post a Comment