Wednesday 3 February 2010

play time

Today I happened upon an exciting discovery - that some stuff I bought for modelling heels (which is too soft..) is actually brilliant for customising lasts. I've been intending to alter them now that they'd arrived since I want to really make my own silhouettes, but have been a bit tentative about shaving bits off and so on incase of making a horrible mistake. Well this stuff was great for letting me sculpt the toes I really wanted, and let me change the shape constantly until I was happy. Tomorrow I will cover it in some other stuff which will set it to make it stiff for ready to make my shoes..good times!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I'm so intrigued...
    Is it an industrial material only available to the shoe trade?

    Sooo want to know more - I've been wanting to customize the toe shape of my lasts for awhile too, only haven't come across the perfect material to do it yet...

    I love your blog and your shoe design skills are breathtaking!
    xoxo
    Carly

    www.chic-steals.com

    ReplyDelete